Thursday, September 29, 2011

BP1_Welcome to my blog

Hello, welcome to my blog.  My name is Irving and I'm excited to share my views and thoughts on the world of education and more!

Today I want to start my first ever blog talking about bilingual education...dual language to be more specific.  Have you heard about dual language and what is your opinion and/or experience about it?

If you haven't, dual language is an enrichment program that mixes english speakers with a group of second language learners.  The goal of the program is to enrich the two languages and cultures throughout the length of the program.

3 comments:

  1. Irving, I am ALL for dual and multi-language learning! I have 3 daughters and they are all in advanced classes. My 1st and 4th Grader are in our Gifted and Talented Program and part of their curriculum is learning to read, write, and speak Spanish. I am thrilled that our school district implemented this curriculum! I travelled the world with the military and have learned a little bit of many languages and cultures. If I could devote my time to just learning languages I would love to be fluent in at least 4 more than my native English. I applaud the enrichment program and believe that if more people would learn to speak multiple languages and learn to share other's cultures we would all get along better and decrease the level of racism in our country and around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you add that photo in the background? i meant is it a personal photo?

    ReplyDelete